Your privacy is important to ADDICTION TOKYO (referred to herein as “ADDICTION TOKYO”, “we”, or “us”). As part of our commitment to use the information you share with us responsibly, we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose information relating to you, your computer, or your device and that enables your identification (“Personal Information”).
Information We Collect About You
What You Give Us
Some parts of the Site may ask you to submit Personal Information for you to benefit from the specified features or to participate in a particular activity. For example, you may voluntarily provide Personal Information to us in the following ways:
- Contact Us: If you contact us through the email addresses provided on the Site, we collect the Personal Information that you provide in your message to us, including your email address.
- Registration For An Account:. If you register for an account with us, we will collect the information that you voluntarily provide when registering. This information may include your name and your contact information including your street address, email address, and telephone number. You may also be asked to provide a username and password.
- Application Forms: We collect the Personal Information you voluntarily provide when you complete an application form on the Site. For example, if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, we may collect the information you provide in the application form.
- Order Information: If you are a registered user and place orders through the Site, we may collect your purchase history, billing and shipping addresses, phone number, email address, and other digital contact information.
- Subscribe to Mailing List: If you subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect your email address.
We may combine Personal Information you submit through the Site with other information we have collected from you, whether on-line or off-line. We treat the combined information in accordance with this Policy.
Information from Use of the Site
If you use certain parts of our websites, we may collect location data obtained from your IP address. We use this location data to find our nearest store to you.
We may collect biometric data if you use the virtual try-on feature on the Site, as described more fully in Section 5 of this Policy.
Data about Children
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information through the Site from children under the age of 13. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided through the Site from children under the age of 13.
How We Use The Information We Collect From You
We use Personal Information submitted by you or otherwise collected through the Site for the purposes described in this Policy and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection. Generally, we use the information you provide for the reason for which it was provided. For example, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came. We may also use Personal Information about you as specifically described below:
- Requests, Inquiries, and Applications: We may use your Personal Information to process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications. So, if you provide us with information to apply for an account with ADDICTION TOKYO, we will use the information you provide to process and evaluate your application for that purpose. If you provide us with Personal Information to participate in a contest or promotion, we may use your information to administer your participation. If you request certain information from us, we will use your Personal Information to process and respond to your request.
- To Process Orders: We may use your Personal Information for purposes of fulfilling orders and ensuring delivery.
- Manage Our Relationship With You: We may use your Personal Information to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, such as information about changes to our terms, conditions, policies, and other administrative information, or about changes to any of our programs in which you might be enrolled.
- Rewards Program: If you participate in our rewards program, we may use Personal Information about you and your orders and transactions with us to manage the rewards program, to communicate with you about offers that may be of interest to you, and to track and process your rewards.
- Promotional Purposes: We may use your Personal Information, including your transaction history with us, to personalize your consumer experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Site and via email.
- Internal Business Purposes: We may use your Personal Information for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us operate, evaluate, and improve the quality of the Site; to better understand those individuals that utilize the Site; to verify your identity; to prevent, protect against, identify, or address fraud, unauthorized activity, claims, liabilities, and other wrongdoing; to provide you with customer service; and to generally manage our business.
- Analytics: We may use Traffic Data to performing market research and data analytics. To learn more about how we use Traffic Data, please see Section 4 of this Policy.
- Legal Requirements, Industry Standards, and Contractual Obligations: We may use your Personal Information for complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our contractual obligations.
We may use non-personal information or aggregate information that does not identify an individual without restriction, and we may share such information with third parties.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We may share your Personal Information only as described in this Policy or as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
- Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates for purposes consistent with this Policy. Our affiliates will be bound to maintain that Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
- Agents, Consultants, Vendors, and Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with individuals or companies that we engage to provide services to us, such as website hosting services.
- Third Party Business Partners: Certain programs, applications, or services available through the Site are made available through third party business partners. Although our treatment of your Personal Information that is provided to participate in such a third-party program, application, or service is governed by this Policy, the treatment of your Personal Information by these third-party business partners will be governed by the privacy policies of such third parties.
- Business Transfers: We may transfer your Personal Information in the event of a business sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy, liquidation, or reorganization. We may also disclose your Personal Information in the course of due diligence of such a transaction. You acknowledge and agree that any successor to or acquirer of the ADDICTION TOKYO business or its assets will continue to have the right to use your Personal Information and other information. Whether the recipient of your Personal Information in these cases will handle your Personal Information pursuant to this Policy will depend on the applicable law and other factors.
- Legal Requirements: We use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (i) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Passively Collected Information: We may share Traffic Data that does not identify you directly, but may identify your computer or device, as described in Sections 4 of this Policy.
Cookies and Other Passive Collection Technologies
As you navigate the Site, certain Traffic Data may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following technologies in the following ways:
IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many online service providers, including website operators. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, determining in what geographic regions our visitors are located, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version. Just as IP addresses, we may use this information to enhance our Site and user experience.
Through your device: If you access the Site through a mobile device or other network-connected product, certain information may be collected about that device, including your device type, network service provider, and other identifiers. We may collect unique device identifiers (such as IDFA and AID tags and UUID and UDID identifiers) associated with the devices you use to access the Site.
Using Monitoring Tools: Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons, pixel tags, clear GIFs, Flash Shared Objects, and similar technologies to better tailor the Site to provide a better service and to deliver offers that we think may be of interest to you. These technologies usually work in conjunction with cookies. To disable cookies used on our Site, and therefore any other tracking technologies that work in conjunction with these cookies, please follow the instructions above.
Social Media Plug-Ins: We use social media plug-ins from social media networks like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter, which are labeled on our Site with the well-known symbols of the respective social network. If you interact with these plug-ins, your activity on the Site may also be made available to those social networks. In order to understand how those social networks use and disclose your Personal Information, please review the privacy policies available on the respective websites of those social networks.
Do Not Track Signals: Our Site currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals and operates as described in this Policy whether or not a DNT signal is received.
Although our use of passive collection technologies may change over time as technology evolves, the above descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about our current approach to information collected from passive technologies.
Biometric Data Defined: As used in this Policy, “biometric data” means any biological characteristics of a person, or information based upon such a characteristic, including characteristics such as those defined as “biometric identifiers” and “biometric information” under the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (“BIPA”), 740 ILCS §§ 14/1, et seq. “Biometric identifier” means a retina or iris scan, fingerprint, voiceprint, or scan of hand or face geometry. “Biometric information” means any information, regardless of how it is captured, converted, stored, or shared, based on an individual’s biometric identifier used to identify an individual.
Purpose for the Collection and/or Use of Biometric Data: To provide you and other visitors of our Site with the ability to “virtually” try-on products, ADDICTION TOKYO uses a virtual try-on feature. ADDICTION TOKYO, through its vendors and/or the licensors of its virtual try-on technology, may utilize biometric data for the purpose of facilitating your use of the ADDICTION TOKYO virtual try-on feature. Any biometric data that is collected, stored, or used will be solely for the purpose of facilitating your use of the virtual try-on feature. ADDICTION TOKYO may use third-party vendors and licensors to supply it with the technology needed to offer this virtual try-on feature.
ADDICTION TOKYO may expand its use of biometric data in the future. In the event ADDICTION TOKYO begins collecting biometric data for any additional purpose, ADDICTION TOKYO will update this Policy.
Disclosure of Biometric Data: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, ADDICTION TOKYO will not disclose, redisclose, or disseminate any biometric data to anyone other than its vendors and/or the licensors of ADDICTION TOKYO’s virtual try-on feature without/unless:
- first obtaining informed electronic/written consent from the customer/visitor to do so;
- the data completes a financial transaction requested/authorized by the customer/visitor;
- disclosure is required by law or ordinance; or
- disclosure is required pursuant to a valid warrant/subpoena issued by a court.
Biometric Data Retention Schedule: In the event ADDICTION TOKYO collects biometric data from any customer or visitor, ADDICTION TOKYO shall retain any customer or visitor biometric data only while you keep the try-on feature open, and shall request that its vendors and/or licensors of ADDICTION TOKYO’s virtual try-on technology permanently destroy such data when the initial purpose for collecting such biometric data has been satisfied, i.e., when the customer/visitor concludes his or use of the virtual try-on feature.
Biometric Data Storage and Security: ADDICTION TOKYO uses a reasonable standard of care to store, transmit, and protect from disclosure any biometric data collected. Such storage, transmission, and protection from disclosure shall be performed in a manner that is the same or more protective than the manner in which ADDICTION TOKYO stores, transmits, and protects from disclosure other confidential and sensitive information, including personal information that can be used to uniquely identify an individual, such as account information, credit card numbers, and PINs.
Your Rights and Choices
Opt Out from Direct Electronic Communications
Where it is in accordance with your preferences, ADDICTION TOKYO may send you direct electronic communications, such as through email or text message. You may “opt out” of receiving these electronic communications by following the instructions in the message that you receive, or by sending an e-mail to ADDICTION TOKYO indicating which communications you no longer wish to receive. Note that if you are a customer, we may still send certain administrative messages to you by email that relate to the products that you have ordered or services that you have signed up to receive.
Opt Out from Cookie-Related Processing
You can opt out from certain cookie-related processing as described in Sections 4 of this Policy.
We take what we believe to be reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information collected by us from loss, misuse, unauthorized use, access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no network, server, database, or Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure, error-free, or “hacker proof.” Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you provide to us. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information.
We generally retain Personal Information for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes described in this Policy, or for longer when required by law. To dispose of Personal Information, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Even if we delete your Personal Information, it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes. However, see Section 5 for information on retention of biometric data.
Links to Third Party Sites
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine The Light” law) permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about their Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. Alternatively, businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose Personal Information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless the customer has opted-in to such information sharing. Accordingly, we will not share your Personal Information with third parties other than our affiliates for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes unless you opt-in, for example by checking a consent check box when providing us with your information.
The business and operations of ADDICTION TOKYO may change from time to time. As a result, at times it may be necessary for us to make changes to this Policy to reflect changes in the law, our data handling practices, or the features of our services, websites, and apps. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to update or modify this Policy at any time. Modifications to this Policy will be posted on the Site and the new Last Updated date will be displayed at the top of this Policy. In certain circumstances, ADDICTION TOKYO may, but need not, provide you with additional notice of such modifications, such as via e-mail. Modifications will be effective 30 days following the Last Updated, or such other date as communicated in any other notice to you. Where required by applicable law, we will apply changes only with your consent.
Please review this Policy periodically, and especially before you provide any Personal Information. This Policy was updated on the date indicated above. Your continued participation in our programs, services, and events following the effectiveness of any modifications to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of those modifications. If any modification to this Policy is not acceptable to you, you should cease accessing, browsing, and otherwise utilizing ADDICTION TOKYO’s website, as well as its programs, services, and events.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or the use of your Personal Information under this Policy, you can contact us at:
Dist. by Kosé America, Inc.
110 Greene Street, Suite 407/408
New York, NY 10012